Oslo offers a wide range of hotels and accommodations. Thon Hotel Munch is categorized by the hotel chain as a "budget"-hotel, while Thon Hotel Gyldenløve is classified as "city"-hotel. Although the organizers have not stayed in any of these hotels, we would recommend the Thon Hotel Gyldenløve the most. It is a "design hotel" in the middle of a nice shopping street with walking distance (30 minutes) to the conference venue. Thon Hotel Munch is also close to subway stations from where you can take the subway directly to the conference venue.
Since we have an agreement with Thon Hotels, we obtained a discount and we mention the prices in the table below. The prices are given per night and include breakfast, wireless internet and taxes. Remember to mention the rate code, or the block number to benefit from the discount. If you want to book a double room for two people please contact the hotels for the price.
|Name||Single Room |
|Thon Hotel Gyldenløve (you must provide the rate code UNIOSL to get the rate)||1010 NOK|
|Thon Hotel Munch (you must provide the block number 101492 to get the rate)||745 NOK|
Additional rooms can be booked:
- through the comprehensive local guide at VisitOslo or
- through hotelscombined which offer a 10 percent discount for university students and teachers (i.e. most of the people who will attend the conference) if you're willing to send them a fax with some proof of your status.
- or at Cochs Pensjonat which is near the royal castle, has cheap and nice rooms and atmosphere. You have several types of rooms to choose from.
- or hotelweb
- or the usual large online hotel booking web sites such as booking.com or otel.com
- or you could go for a (small) apartment with Oslo Apartments
- or can try searching through youth hostel portals that usually also list cheap 2-3 stars hotels: hostelbookers or hostelworld (these portals show their search result on the map of Oslo, which can be useful).
Because the conference takes place when the university semester starts at University of Oslo, we cannot offer student accommodation.
But there are a few youth hostels of good standard in Oslo and it may also be possible to find single rooms if booked in advance. (Unfortunately, Oslo has a small number of such youth hostels.)
- Haraldsheim Youth Hostel which is nice and close to the Sinsen metro station.
- Anker Hostel which is nice and friendly, with more single rooms and more downtown, close to public transportation.
- Hostel Rønningen YMCA which is at the outskirts of Oslo, near the forest. It is in walking distance to the train and tram station. You may take 30-45 minutes to reach the conference site (using train first to Oslo S and then changing to the metro from there to the conference site). See more info about venue and transportation and conference site on the Venue page.
- Sentrum Pensjonat which is in the centre and has single and double rooms.
- Holtekilen Youth Hostel which is outside Oslo centre but it is walking distance to the train station that takes about 10-15min to Oslo S.
You may also share a room with other FCT participants, which may increase your chances of finding a place at the youth hostels of Oslo. If you would like this, we will do our best to help you and gather the other people - please send an e-mail to facs-2011 @ ifi.uio.no and let us know.