- The conference pictures have been uploaded.
- The list of participants at FACS 2011 and TTSS 2011 is now available.
- The best paper award has been announced.
- The registration page is finally operational! Early registration deadline is September 2.
- The post-proceedings of FACS 2011 will be published as a volume in Springer's LNCS series.
- A special issue of the Science of Computer Programming journal will be devoted to extended versions of selected papers from FACS 2011.
- José Meseguer (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign) and John Rushby (SRI International) are confirmed invited speakers.
- Ketil Stølen is the the third confirmed invited speaker.
- The list of accepted papers is now available here.
- Information about accommodation is available here.
- Detailed traveling information can be found on this page.
- The final version of the conference program is now available.
The component-based software development approach has emerged as a promising paradigm to cope with the complexity of present-day software systems by bringing sound engineering principles into software engineering. However, many challenging conceptual and technological issues still remain in component-based software development theory and practice. Moreover, the advent of service-oriented computing has brought to the fore new dimensions, such as quality of service and robustness to withstand inevitable faults, that require revisiting established component-based concepts in order to meet the new requirements of the service-oriented paradigm.
FACS 2011 is concerned with how formal methods can be used to make component-based and service-oriented software development succeed. Formal methods have provided a foundation for component-based software by successfully addressing challenging issues such as mathematical models for components, composition and adaptation, or rigorous approaches to verification, deployment, testing, and certification. The symposium seeks to address the applications of formal methods in all aspects of software components and services.
FACS 2011 is the eighth event in a series of events founded by the International Institute for Software Technology of the United Nations University (UNU-IIST).
Abstract submission deadline:
June 10, 2011
Paper submission deadline:
June 17, 2011
Extended abstract and paper submission deadline: June 26, 2011
Notification: August 9, 2011
Doctoral Track submission deadline: August 12, 2011
Doctoral Track notification: August 20, 2011
Symposium: September 14-16, 2011